14 Apr Too much fun to pass up
The stated purpose of this website/blog is to be a clearinghouse of information for gardeners in the Rocky Mountains. So, today I am making it personal. Forgive me this goofy indulgence. And since you are reading this, consider yourself tagged if you want to participate in this MEME. A meme is defined as a unit of cultural transmission and they seem to be part of the blogosphere.
Four jobs I have had
- car hop
- store clerk
- car washer extraordinaire
- media buyer
Four films I watch over and over
- Out of Africa
- The Original Parent Trap
- Smoke Signals
- Napolean Dynamite
Four places I have lived
- Orofino, Idaho
- Patuxent River, Maryland
- San Francisco
Four favorite TV programs
- Boston Legal
- Bobby Flay on the Food Network
- Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network
- The retired, but beloved Northern Exposure
Four favorite food dishes
- Shrimp anything
- Hot dogs
- Spaghetti and meatballs. Yup, not very interesting.
Four websites I visit everyday. Caveat: I don’t visit any of them everyday. But often.
- Sisters on Sojourn
- My bank’s website
- Other financial websites
Four places I would rather be. Caveat: I love my house. My home. Pretty happy here.
- In bed instead of at the computer
- Target, on a shop fest
- In my garden
- On my patio
Four books I recommend
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck. A ripping good read with an amazing message.
- Travels with Charley, again, by Steinbeck
- The Road from Coorain, Jill Ker Conway
- Wild Swans……can’t remember the author, but the book remains unforgettable.
Four artists which have inspired me
- Wolf Kahn
- Nicholai Fechin
- Georgia O’Keefe
- Piet Oudolf and Oehme and Van Sweden….all garden gurus.